By visiting Peacockmagazines.com, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
- Controllers of Personal Information
- What Personal Information About Customers Does Peacockmagazines.com Gather?
- What About Cookies?
- Does Peacockmagazines.com Share the Information it Receives?
- What Information Can I Access?
- What Choices Do I Have?
- Examples of Information Collected
Any personal information provided to or gathered by Peacockmagazines.com is controlled by Peacock Press (the data controller), Scout Bottom Farm, Mytholmroyd, Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire, UK.
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience at Peacockmagazines.com. We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as wish lists and customer reviews and recommend merchandise and services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our store and platform and prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our.
Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. Click here to see examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses PEACOCK PRESS. Click here to see examples of the information we receive.
- E-mail Communications: to help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Peacockmagazines.com if your computer supports such capabilities.
Back to top
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide features such as the storage of items in your Shopping Basket between visits.
- If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
- Legislation now obliges websites to inform users of the placing of certain kinds of cookies; Peacockmagazines.com does not place such cookies; all cookies used are essential to the proper functioning of the site and expire at the end of you session; they are therefore not covered by this legislation
Does Peacockmagazines.com share the Information it receives?
- Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. Peacockmagazines.com does not share any of the customer information it collects with the exception of
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal, processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the UK's Data Protection Act.
- Protection of Peacockmagazines.com and Others: We will release account and other personal information if we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of Peacockmagazines.com, our users or others.
Peacockmagazines.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Peacockmagazines.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of Peacockmagazines.com features such as your profile and account history. Certain areas of the site will only be available to you once you have provided the information requested.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced above.
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, participate in a forum or questionnaire or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you: search for a product; place an order through PEACOCK PRESS. provide information in you account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us) or your ptofile; communicate with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise; provide and post reviews; and employ other personal notification services such as such as Available to Order Notifications. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as: your name; address and phone number; people to whom purchases have been shipped (including addresses and phone numbers), content of reviews and e-mails to us; the personal description in your profile... We do not collect credit card information.